Our 2014 Wyoming Trip


So our Wyoming trip went from July 3rd – July 10th, 2014. Our traveling & 4th of July shenanigans post is HERE. The rest of everything is…here ;)
For the rest of the trip…here we go…

Saturday, July 5th: In the morning, after a yummy waffle breakfast thanks to my Grandpa, my dad & Zach drove to Yellowstone. Zach is a HUGE photographer & loves taking photos in nature. Check out his Instagram >>> @clyw_zach. They would first head to Yellowstone National Park and check it out & then go to Glacier National Forest which is up North almost to Canada. Someday I will go to those places! They sound amazing! Apparently, I’ve been to Yellowstone when I was younger but I don’t remember it. So it was my grandparents, Kevin, Ryder, & I left. We drove to Powell & ate lunch at a Chinese restaurant. Then we picked up some groceries for dinner that night and for Sunday. After Ryder took a nap, we took a drive on their Razor (Ranger type thing) with Ryder (photos above). He LOVED it! We drove around Burlington, checked out the new school and football field/track & field, played at a nearby park, and found some ponies to look at. Kevin helped Ryder play basketball and we hung out outside for the rest of the day. In the evening, we watched Oh Brother, Where Art Thou and I decided it was one weird movie. I probably won’t ever watch it again ha.

Sunday, July 6th: We had breakfast and then Kevin drove back home. He had to get Katinka from the kennel (a different one because our usual favorite one was booked) and because he needed to be at work the following day. Ryder & I stayed with Grandma & Grandpa. We went to church exactly during Ryder’s nap time, 1-4 pm…ha I was worried about it. He ate some S’Mores goldfish & fed some to my Grandma during sacrament lol. He took in his blanket & binky since I had to wake him up from his nap. He was pretty mellow in church and did much better than I thought. After church, we had a yummy pot roast. We just hung out and played outside. Ryder loved a little tractor type thing to ride around on. He also pushed a vintage doll carriage that my Grandma got for my aunts when they were little. They have a huge shed since they used to have a motorhome and boat parked in it but now there are a few vintage cars, a ping pong table, trampoline, their truck, huge John Deere lawn mower, a bunch of 4 wheelers, and more. In the back they have a very cute “log cabin” kid play house, slide, and a bunch of toys for little kids. Ryder liked playing back there. Actually, we went in their every day!

Monday, July 7th: We went into Cody and ate at Wendy’s. My grandparents go out to eat every day for lunch…either to Cody or Powell since there aren’t really any restaurants in Burlington, except 1 pizza shop. Then we went back home and Ryder took a nap. While he napped, we played Rummikub. We always play that game when we visit them. Good times! For dinner, we had Café Rio sweet pork since that is what I threw in the crock pot in the morning. It was good. At night, we watched Swiss Family Robinson. It was actually my first time watching it and it was pretty good ha. How have I not seen that???

Tuesday, July 8th: In the morning, we went to the Cody Murals which is actually a church history site. It is a church building with a dome shaped ceiling full of beautifully painted murals of different scenes in church history. We went on a tour and learned about the early pioneers and how and why they settled in the West as well as the Burlington/Cody area where my grandparents currently live. My Grandpa grew up in Burlington and there is a lot of family and church history there. My Great-Grandpa (Grandpa’s dad) was actually one of the first tour guides for the Cody Murals after it was finished being painted. It was really cool to learn about and especially ‘Prayer Rock’ (photo of my Grandparents & I & Ryder inside the building).  Then after we left the Cody Murals, we went and found a teepee for Ryder to explore (photos above). Teepees are so sweet in my opinion. We then ate lunch at the Sunset House & I got a yummy chicken salad sandwich. It was very yummy. Then we picked up a Papa Murphy’s pizza for later that night & a few groceries as well. We hung out outside like we always do. Ryder played with a big bouncy ball which he was obsessed with the whole trip. He got his shirt drenched in water so I took it off to dry. We hung out in the front yard with him, just in his suspenders, and he kept waving at a tractor that kept going up and down the street. He would always say, “Look! Tractor!!!” & “Goodbye tractor!” He was obsessed with that tractor. It was adorable, especially since he didn’t have a shirt on. Then we had some yummy pizza for dinner. Meanwhile, I was in the process of reading a book called The Details of How We Lived by Bailey Vincent. She gifted me the eBook on Amazon since I have a chronic disease and since it may relate to me (she has cystic fibrosis and is deaf). I just needed to leave a review and it was free! So I read that and did the review that night. It is a pretty good short little novella! That is kind of how our night ended.

Wednesday, July 9th: We drove up to Cody to have lunch at McDonald’s. Ryder was naughty ha. We then drove by the Buffalo Bill Dam which was breathtaking (photo above). If it wasn’t Ryder’s nap time, we would have gone on a tour. During nap time, we played Rummikub. Later that evening, my dad and Zach came back from Yellowstone & Glacier and we had yummy cheeseburgers. We watched What About Bob which was hilarious. I have no clue how I hadn’t seen that movie before.

Thursday, June 10th: We drove back home with my dad & Zach. We took pit stops in Thermopolis & Fort Collins for lunch and dinner. Then I convinced Kevin to watch The Bachelorette with me ha.

All in all, it was a great trip. It was fun that my dad and Zach were there for a bit and that Kevin could come for a little bit as well. It’s always a good time visiting my Grandparents! They are the sweetest!!!

1 comment: