This post includes: June 18th-27th, 2013…basically, the end of June before we went on a fun family vacation to Kansas City, Missouri! Warning: Picture overload…Also, this post is very random & is my attempt to finish out this month. So you get what you get! It is not my ideal way of documenting our little life snippets but…it happens and it works. Sometimes you do what you got to do.
^^ Ryder inspecting Hunter’s Panda. He is a fan of his eyeballs.
^^ Ryder & Jackson had to hit up the pool when Lesley Thalman came into town! Too bad these two cuties can’t live closer so they could hang out more often! Also- note to all irresponsible adults, please be responsible & if your KID poops in the kiddie pool, tell someone, & get it figured out! Oh, AND if your kids are splashing adults holding babies in a baby pool, and when the adults ask them kindly to stop, and they don’t stop, please tell your kids to stop! BASICALLY, we got splashed on & the babies didn’t like it AND… a different kid pooped in the kiddie pool & the mom & kid ditched SO FAST & left the poop to float around (or sink?…not really sure here haha). Disgusting right?! I am sure Lesley & all moms would agree. Rant over. Oh and PS. We did have fun though :)
^^ While I was still living at my parents, Hunter & I would take Ryder on walks around their neighborhood! Good times :) One of Ryder’s favorite things to do is throw balls while in the stroller so we all get to fetch them. He has us trained well haha.
^^ One fine morning, Zach, my mom, Hunter, & Ryder & I went to Silver Grill Café in downtown Fort Collins. They have the BEST cinnamon roll french toast (pictured above). Ryder was being a ham!
^^ We let him slobber/suck on this bacon and he definitely would call home about it.
^^ I die looking at the face of Ryder while Kevin is reading him a book about baby black bears haha.
^^ Then I MOVED IN! It all was dependent on getting the plumbing done for underneath the sink (garbage disposal, hooking it up to the dishwasher, & getting correct size tubes, etc.) & a livable main level bathroom! Then once Ryder & I moved back in, we took everything kitchen related up from the basement & put it through the dishwasher & then to organize & put away. Oh I am not a fan of unpacking, even when you get to organize it in a new kitchen. Unpacking is never fun for me ha. I feel like I am a hoarder when I have STUFF everywhere!!!
^^ Kevin caught this cute face of Ryder while feeding him baby food.
^^ Another cute food photo…at the parents. I feel like I was feeding him spinach, ham, butternut squash, & some other things…he clearly was loving it!
^^ I am majorly obsessed with our new highchair. It only took me months to decide on the one & find it for the best price! Seriously, I read numerous, okay maybe more, reviews on high chairs, narrowed down the choices, & decided on the Boon Flair! It is the best. // I also scored the lanterns hanging from the ceiling in Ryder’s room at World Market…probably total of $7 or less for all of them. We hung them up with fishing wire & thumb tacks we already had. He loves them!
^^ Ryder used to be super good at giving kisses & I always try. Lately, he is getting too distracted to want to! Sad!!! // Kevin & Ryder hanging out on the dock. Seriously, the best thing ever.
^^ So church. Ask any parent of a little child about if their church is at the ideal time for the kid’s nap schedule & they will say no & blab on and on. Well, of course, church is during Ryder’s nap time so that is all I will say but every once in awhile he will fall asleep during the 3rd hour. Our church is at 8 am by the way…but not for much longer! It changes to 11 am soon :) Anyways, my dad took Ryder during their sacrament (their ward overlaps with mine) & he passed out. Naturally, my dad started taking photos haha.
^^ This happened. I found Ryder awake from a nap sitting UP. Yep, usually he would be on his back, stomach, or side, but now he is getting up to sitting! (Caught him standing the other day ;))
^^ Highchair fan or okay I am, a lot. I also love his crossed legs.
^^ I went in for my THIRD Remicade infusion!!! It went well & I have noticed improvement. My back hasn’t woken me up in the middle of the night since starting Remicade so that is good. I haven’t had to limp around because it had to hurt to walk. A lot has improved and I am still hoping for more improvement, specifically my knees & hips. I am actually going to a knee orthopedic surgeon tomorrow to see if something mechanical is wrong with my knees! I kind of think it is arthritis, as it is both knees that started at the same time, but we will see. I have NO CLUE what they will say. My rheumatologist thinks it may be mechanical because being on Remicade and my anti-inflammatory Oxaprozin, they should have helped my knees as well. But yeah, after this infusion I actually went straight to the X-Ray lab & got X-Rays taken of my knees which looked great, so, that is good. // Meanwhile, Kevin was hanging out with Ryder for hours and hours while I was at the doctors forever!
^^ Ryder seriously is obsessed with this sports toy that my in-laws gave him when I was pregnant. It is awesome. Thanks Greg & Kathy! He will dunk the ball OVER and OVER. It is awesome. Maybe future bball player?! // Ryder is also obsessed with Kevin’s hats. Kevin always knows when Ryder has gotten into them because they are all over and sometimes I forget haha.
>> Other notable things that happened:
1. I finished catching up on Pretty Little Liars Season 3 which had become a weekend addiction. I love that show. Also, I really NEED Spencer’s wardrobe. If you are not watching it, START! Hit up Netflix.
2. I had lunch at Mad Greens with the lovely Tiffany from Tiffany Rebecca Photography (here). The following week she took a few fun photos of Kevin, Ryder, & I. I will use the sneak peek in Ryder’s 10 month post. I can’t wait to see the rest. I have a good feeling about them, haha.
3. We had work done on the Jeep. I hate car problems. Bye random amount of money from savings.
4. I got my haircut (nothing crazy) & shortly after went to hangout with some new friends I met at the gym, Gabby & her husband Steve (& two boys). We BBQ’d, ate yummy Italian cheeses, and hung out at their place. Then we rushed over to an open house for a returned missionary in my ward, Natalie Newton.
5. Kevin & I moved Ryder & I in our home. We cleaned like crazy, Kevin put together the main level bathroom, we looked into doing plumbing ourselves & ended up hiring a guy, & FINALLY put together our Valentine’s Day present to each other, our Pottery Barn Daily System – Calendar, Letter Bin, & Organizer that hang on the wall. I should have a photo of this somewhere. Basically it is awesome.
6. Lastly, Kevin got me a gift certificate to a nail salon & I got a manicure. it is always nice to go relax and have some time to yourself.
That should be it!
Next up: Ryder at 10 months (he is almost ELEVEN months folks!), Home Remodel: Subway Tile Backsplash, Kansas City 4th of July Trip, & more!