Kevin & I last winter of 2010 - at Chef's Table in Provo, Utah - I couldn't find a picture of us in front of our Christmas tree so this will do!
I am one of those weird people who likes to fill out new patient doctor forms because I like answering questions and checking boxes...hehe. With that said, when I saw this question/answer meme on Caitlin's blog, To Make Love Stay I just had to join in on the fun! It is originally from Jess's blog irocksowhat.
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot chocolate, hands down. Egg nog is sick-nasty if you ask me, although Kevin will beg to differ. It is just disgusting and expensive too! Hot chocolate and apple cider for me please!
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? I don't know who does but they are wrapped ;) That would be lame if they weren't!
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? Hmm I knew awhile back the white icicle ones were really popular...This will be our first year in our own home so I'm not sure what we will do! I'm torn!
4. Do you hang mistletoe? I think we did one time or that may have been when we were dating back in Utah...I should go get some though! How fun! I love it.
5. When do you put your decorations up? Right after Thanksgiving! We have always rented and moved around a lot so we haven't gone all out -as much as I'd like- so we will see this year! I think we will try to stock up on all of the after Christmas sales and get some sweet decor! We did that after Halloween :) But I would definitely already put the Christmas tree up if we weren't going on a trip tonight and still unpacking to move in! We've got other priorities but I wanted them up :)
6. What is your favorite holiday dish? Hmmm I don't know? This makes me think of Thanksgiving...Christmas? Eh? Just lots of yummy desserts, rolls, and warm drinks like hot chocolate and apple cider. Yeah, I'm lame.
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? I remember one that wasn't a favorite ha. I had the chicken pox for Christmas when I was really little...so it was miserable and I remember hugging a big teddy bear my Omi (grandma) gave me or maybe I just remember because of a picture! I just loved running down the stairs and seeing what Santa brought and then hanging out all day having fun with new things...yes I am an American consumer, haha! I love to buy things too!
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I think I started to have doubts in late elementary school and then I just knew. I think my parents knew and it was a mutual understanding but no one ruined it for me! Just having doubts and talking with friends at elementary school...we all kind of caught on?!
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Yes we always did! I would usually try to pick a present that may be not as cool so that I could open one of those types up and then have funner/cooler ones for Christmas day ha!
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? We have a lot of random ornaments. My parents gave me one each year and I think Santa did and Saint Nick since we celebrated that German holiday. Shhh. I already bought Kevin an ornament for this Christmas! We don't have one of those nice trees with only nice ornaments so...maybe eventually? We got our fake tree on Black Friday last year for only $25 and I think it isn't too shabby!
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? I love it! I love to snowboard so yes we need that powder. Keep coming.
12. Can you ice skate? Yes! Not that well though. I used to take ice-skating classes when I lived in Woodbury, Minnesota but that was years ago. I'm okay, but triple axles, no can do.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Hmmm I remember getting my American Girl doll, Samantha. I thought she looked like me and sometimes I think she still does when I have bangs ha. Oh and she had glasses and I always wore glasses :) I LOVED to get new outfits and accessories for her. One time I got a horse for her to ride with an equestrian riding outfit. Also, I got a bed, clothes armoire, and a school desk. Those American Girl dolls were amazing and that company made a killing. Those things were not cheap!
14. What’s the most important thing about the Holidays for you? I'd say hanging out with family!
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? I don't know? Pies, brownies, ice cream? Truffles?
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? There is a German tradition of hiding a pickle ornament on the tree. In our family -since my grandma is 100% German- we do this tradition where my mom and dad hide the pickle and then let the kids out. The first kid to find the ornament gets to open the first present and then gets to pick who opens the next present and so forth.
haha Kelsi didn't care and would put tons right next to each other! Annoying! Also, the more breakable ornaments go on top so kids wouldn't knock them down and break them.
17. What tops your tree? You know what, I'm not sure. I don't think Kevin and I have anything for our tree yet!
18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? Both!
19. Candy Canes: Yuck or Yum? Yuck! I am not a fan of peppermint...
20. Favorite Christmas show? Show or movie? Hmmm... Four Christmases (movie), Charlie Brown's Christmas (show), claymation (sp?) Rudolph one, ELF (movie)!!! I love Elf so much.
21. Saddest Christmas Song? I don't know...ba rump pa pa pumbbb? Drummer boy? Is that sad? Haha.
22. What is your favorite Christmas song? I can't choose one but I love so many! I would say not the chipmunk one!
Let me know if you do this meme; I'd love to read it! Have a great weekend!
And don't forget about this giveaway!
PS. We're flying to Kansas City, Missouri tonight! Woohoo!