1. Kevin & I's 1st Anniversary
2. Camping in Utah
3. Seeing Kevin play baseball at KState
4. Kevin pitching for BYU Baseball
5. Getting Katinka, our puppy
6. Moving from the Branbury to Oakhurst- bigger and better
7. Folk Dance -1RB- doing an Israeli dance in the Spring Festival of Nations performance
8. Meeting new friends
9. BYU football- beating Utah and winning the Vegas Bowl
10. Getting a gym pass to Golds and doing fun workout classes with friends
11. Going to Eagles hockey games -CHL league
12. Snowboarding- first time in a long time due to fractured foot and too much school and dance!
13. Kevin learning how to snowboard= priceless!
14. Friends getting engaged and married
15. My Chinese dance class at BYU
16. BYU Baseball games
17. New nephews on Kevin's side of the family- Roman & Marquise
18. Shopping- everytime :)
19. Our new ward and new calling of Activities Chair People (Kev & I plan all the parties/activities)
20. Finishing Winter and Fall of '09 semesters at BYU & getting through finals
21. Patrick's college trip at BYU
22. Family visits at school
23. Thanksgiving feasts
24. My friends
25. Tubing the Provo River multiple times (one time frozen- with the Castleberry's)
26. Being artsy at Color Me Mine (painting ceramics) & painting artwork for our apartment/condo
27. Katinka being cute, doing tricks, and snuggling
28. Mom coming out for my birthday while Kevin was gone playing baseball
29. The Gospel and how it has affected our lives.
Thanks 2009, but we are ready for 2010. Got a few more hours :)
Kevin & I woke up this morning feeling achy & weak & tired & yucky!
And THEN....we BOTH woke up sick. What the heck? How could we both get SICK at the SAME time???
Worst timing ever. Christmas Eve....till Christmas day...so far. So much for our Christmas break. We hadn't finished our Christmas shopping and we were planning on doing a few last minute errands and having fun. Oh well. We just chilled and nothing but sleep, play fishing on the Wii (Kevo), computer stuff (me), and I blogged.
Incase you don't know, I will do ANYTHING to NOT get sick.
3 Quick Examples:
1. High School- When Patrick or Zach...got the flu (like barfing), I left the house. I went to a boyfriends (okay he was my boyfriend ha) house and did ALL of my homework there and pretty much lived there lol. I would avoid his room and NOT go in there. No offense. But I avoided it and avoided everyone who even was hanging out with him. Rude? Possibly. Neccessary? Yes. Absolutely!
One day I was peeing getting ready for school or something. Then all of a sudden, I heard someone barf. My suitemate Jodi barfed in the sink because I was peeing. GROSS! Luckily there were 2 sinks. After that, Nancy and I had a quick moment of word and I said we are NOT going in there until she is better. We both got in sweats. Just like this:
And we DIDNT GET SICK!!! :)
Here is Nancy & I in front of our dorm room. Wish I had a picture of her with me preventing our sickness! Love this girl!
I remember being in Elementary School.
My family moved to Colorado when I was in 3rd grade and I was 8 years old.
Hunter is going to Werner Elementary. I went there.
We went to his party and man, I used to be that little! Time went by so fast. Soon I am going to be a grandma...oh my goodness.
Here is Hunter with an ornament he made. The desks are SO short. I had a desk just like this.
Color Me Mine is a place where you purchase their ceramics and then you get to paint them and they do all the rest. You use your artistic talent and paint away and Color Me Mine provides the paints and everything you need, cleans up the mess, cleans the brushes (I hated doing that in art classes in high school), put them in the kiln, and then you pick them up a few days later. Click here to find out more.
This is an inspirational blog written by an LDS mom who survived a plane crash. Her husband and her were each burned severely in the crash. They have 4 kids and the kids didn't recognize them after the crash and numerous surgeries, but especially the mother. Over 85% percent of her body was burned. Just an idea if you want to read about the life of an inspiring woman.
Read this if you want to learn about the plane crash, surgeries, trials, all written by a reporter who has done a little documentary on her and her family. It is a good way to catch up.
Here is Kevin giving his 'gag-gift' to freshman who I forgot his name...! But don't worry the season hasn't technically started and I'll know all of their names by March :)
Kevin gave him a couple things. Here is a gingerbread man (with the back saying one of the players last names and baseball number) because apparantly he is always with him and he will miss him during break. SO here he is as a gingerbread man!
Here is Brianne playing doctor to Brandon Relf. Coach Roberts had Brandon Relf. And he got Bri some doctor scrubs and such because Brandon is the one player who has gotten sick and hurt the most recently! Coach Roberts made it sound like Relf was always faking it haha
Brandon Relf got Brandon Michon this year and got him a BYU hat with a mirror taped onto it. Apparantly Brandon Michon (a pitcher) always likes to look behind after every pitch to see his speed of the pitch haha.
Here is Brandon Michon putting this guy on a big leash (with diamonds glued on thanks to his wife Kelly) haha. It was pretty funny but I don't remember the exact story. I also don't know this player yet.
Chris got Kevin a poster from the movie 300. Kevin is obsessed with this movie. And Kevin's face was put on the main guy's face from the 300 movie. You basically have to see the poster! And he sneaked around and put up that poster in our bedroom! Haha. Doesn't really go.
These Baseball parties are hilarious. I laughed so hard. It ended up being like 4 hours!
Kevin Sloan, BYU Baseball 2009-2010.
Kevin Sloan, BYU Baseball 2008-2009.
Some guys on the team who served missions. Don't remember what year this was. I just liked this picture so I threw it up on here.
Love her. Love everything about my puppy Katinkles!!! Watch her back legs. They are hilarious. She kicks out with them because she doesn't know how to walk in them!
Like a month ago, after I bought these adorable booties at Walmart, I put them on her and we went on a walk. She walked just like this the whole time and I was laughing because it was so cute. All of a sudden I heard a hysterical shriek and this lady was laughing at us (in her car next to the sidwalk)! She was super loud!
One time she didn't wear her booties in the snow (I was going to see if she could handle herself since she walks so silly in her booties), and she started crying. The snow was too cold and her paws were freezing!!! She started screaming and looking at me so I had to pick her up and bring her inside! Poor baby!!!
Before the gutting. Kevin was kind of a wimp and let David do all of the gutting. Funny thing is, that this is in Kevin's parents backyard. Just hung up a deer, got a huge light, and went to town. Katinka kept trying to get outside and I did NOT want her to go over to the deer because knowing her curiousity (and she is always cute) she would try to lick the blood or something.
Definately an assignment for Information Systems 201. :)
Note: It is definately NOT presentable. Many of my files once I posted them to the server changed...the html is correct but not on the web some stuff looks weird. Ex: font sizes are extremely large...just for a few headings... haha. I feel pretty proud. It took me like 10 hours! So many dumb errors when trying to upload it to the web!!!
Saw this video thanks to Anna Sloan (my sister-in-law). It is hilarious. My favorite part is when the 3 guys flip their heads out of the pool and then lift the one guy in the middle. You'll have to watch it to understand :)
I was excited. Tara was excited.
- Business Idea Pitch Competition- Went to it at BYU and saw 4 potential companies pitch their companies idea and try to convince prospective investors to invest in them as well as win the Business Competition so they can fund and grow their ideas into businesses. There was one company that I really liked it was a water bag company that would sell packages of fresh, pure, clean water to developing countries in Africa. They would sell this at the price of the local dirty, contaminated water. The people in those countries have to pay a $1 for brand named water such as Dasani. Barely any can even afford it. I wanna say like 5% of the population can and everyone has to buy dirty brown water for 10 cents. So I think this is an awesome idea for a company that makes a difference!
- In-n-Out- So In-N-Out is officially in Orem. It is off University Ave or Parkway...kind of by the University mall! The restaurant opened at 9 am on a Thursday and we were there at 8:30 am. Patrick had to eat there right at first haha. So we waited in a line of 20-30 cars and it actually went a lot faster than I thought it would. Everyone was super pumped to eat there and the workers were super friendly and excited. So yeah we ate at In-n-out at 9 am and that was our breakfast!
- Rumbi-here is Patrick & I at a Rumbi.
- PizzaPieCafe- Apparantly this place is JUST like a place called 'Craigo's" in Rexburg, Idaho...it is just like it sounds- Pizza Pie Cafe...you take as much pizza you want and they have a lot of dessert pizzas. I had an Oreo dessert pizza and a cookie dough dessert pizza! Suprisingly I liked the cookie dough one haha. Then there were the original peach, apple, raspberry dessert pizzas!
- BYU Football vs. Air Force- This game was awesome! We got on the field before the game and watched the team practice and saw the pre-game show with the band and flag girls...haha. Here are some pictures!
Dad, me, & Patrick
Me & Patrick
Just a close up of the players
LaVell Edwards Stadium
So this picture is for my friends who quit Folk Dance haha. I think it would be HILARIOUS to just randomly try out FOR FUN to be a flag girl. Why not? Haha it would be fun. Until Abbey or someone made the team...lol.
The players getting ready to run out on the field! If you look closely you can see Bronco Mendenhall in front of the flag!
Just an action shot! AND YES we won! :)
So it was a fun time...oh and we watched The Proposal and it was hilarious! I recommend it!!!